K-1 Fiancé Visa Facts

  • This visa is available for foreign fiancés of U.S. citizens who are planning on entering the U.S. to marry their U.S. citizen partner and live in the U.S.
  • There are three steps in the K-1 Visa process: filing an I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé with USCIS, filing all required documents with the National Visa Center, and passing your interview at the embassy local to your foreign fiancé
  • Once approved, the visa allows your foreign fiancé to stay in the U.S. for 90 days. During that time, you can legally marry before filing the green card application.

Eligibility Checklist

  • Your foreign fiancé must live outside of the United States.

  • Both partners must be legally free to marry.

  • You must have met in person within the two years before filing the I-129F.

Frequently Asked Questions on K-1 Fiancé Visa.

Typically, only the foreign fiancé is required to attend an interview at the U.S. embassy in their home country before the K-1 visa is issued.

After your K-1 visa is approved, your foreign fiancé can enter the U.S. and remain in the U.S. for up to 90 days.

Once married, you can file an Adjustment of Status Petition to obtain a green card. Your spouse can remain in the U.S. and get a work permit and travel authorization while waiting for the green card.

Ready to Begin Your Immigration Journey?

Contact Us Today for Expert Guidance!